Short Term Rentals
In 2018 the City of Seaside adopted regulations to permit and allow Short Term Rentals in the City of Seaside. This program currently only allows licenses to operators who can provide proof that they were operating a STR prior to April of 2018. hose that were not operating prior to that date, are not eligible for a license at this time.
If you are found to be operating a short term rental without a license, you will be issued a citation of up to $1,000 per day.
For more information about the Short Term Rental Program:
Haroon Noori, Administrative Analyst II
(831) 899-6726 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Heads up Seaside Short Term Rental Operators:
Monterey County Health issued a clarification about how STR’s can operate during Shelter-In-Place. Please read the order and make sure you are in compliance.
City Council considered changes to the existing ordinance that would modify the application process, inspections, fees and more. Take a look at the Proposed Changes Here:
You can apply for & renew your Short Term Rental License ONLINE
To obtain a Seaside Short Term Rental License, you must:
- Apply for new or renewed license online, which includes providing evidence that you have been operating the subject property as a short term rental prior to April 10, 2018
- Obtain a Seaside Business License via this online link
- Pay the Short Term Rental inspection fee of $261 for each site, per the adopted Fee Schedule
- Pass the City Building & Code Enforcement STR Inspection (Inspection form is available here)
- Agree to abide by all short term rentals rules as well as other City regulations (noise, trash, parking, building safety, etc)
Need to pay your TOT for your Short Term Rental?
This new system will link your payment directly to your account. You should also be able to access your payment history, in the event you should need it.