Youth Art Competition
March 2nd - April 30th
Reception: March 13th 7pm-8:30pm
- TWO-DIMENSIONAL: Water Color, Acrylic, Gouche, and Oil.
- GRAPHICS: Pastel, Pencil, Ink, Printmaking, Collage, Mixed Media.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Black and White, Color, or Hand Tinted, Digital or Film Cameras.
- DIGITAL: Adobe CS, Procreate, Blender, Maya, 3d Studio Max, MediBang, etc. (must be printed image)
- THREE-DIMENSIONAL: Sculpture, Ceramics, Metal, Assemblage, Embellished Objects, Crafts (no kits)
- ELEMENTARY: Limit 10 entries per teacher. Limit 1 entry per student.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Limit 25 entries per teacher. Limit 1 entry per student.
- HIGH SCHOOL: Limit 25 entries per teacher. Limit 1 entry per student.
Prizes (Given out as retail gift cards)
- 1st Place: $30
- 2nd Place: $20
- 3rd Place: $10
Jr High & High School:
- 1st Place: $75
- 2nd Place: $50
- 3rd Place: $25
Have a teacher or adult representative go to the online registration form which is located at bit.ly/yart20. The show is open to youth residents or students of Monterey County. No Nudes. Last day to register is February 8th, 2020. Please note: if you do not register, your work will not be considered for the competition portion of the show. Prizes are given as retail gift card.
Bring your registered pieces to City Hall at 440 Harcourt Ave on February 29th, 2020 from 9am-12pm for installation, and can be retrieved May 2nd, 2020 between 12-6pm
All flat wall art entries must be on a mat board or matted, in order to be hung. All non-mat mounted boards, stretched canvases, and framed entries must be correctly wired to hang. Unsecured hanging apparatus will not be accepted. Write or attach artist info on the back of the work.
For any questions please contact Sarah Tier @ 831-899-6874 or Sandra Gray @ 831-899-6811