October is Fire Prevention Month!
The goal of Fire Prevention Month is to raise fire & emergency safety awareness, and help ensure your home and family has a plan and is ready for the unexpected. Even the Monterey Area is not immune, and it's important to be ready, just in case.
Annual Seaside Fire Department Open House 2023
Experience an Unforgettable Day at the Seaside Fire Department! Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 7th at 10:00 a.m. for an immersive day focused on fire prevention and safety. Get hands-on with our dedicated team and learn crucial life-saving skills. Don't miss out – see you there!
¡No te pierdas un día inolvidable en el Departamento de Bomberos de Seaside! ¡Únete a nosotros el sábado 7 de octubre a las 10:00 a.m. para una experiencia práctica en prevención de incendios y seguridad. ¡Nos vemos allí!
Holiday Safety Tips
Visit nfpa.org for additional safety information or call us at 831-899-6790! Happy Holidays!
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button.
Please review these very useful recommendations from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection on how you can better protect your home and property from fire danger.
- Homeowners Checklist (PDF)
- Why 100 Feet? (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions on Carbon Monoxide Devices
- "Beat the Beep" Carbon Monoxide Facts
Fire Safety for Older Adults
Programs & Procedures
Below are a few of the programs and procedures that the Seaside Fire Department uses to assist with Fire Prevention efforts for residents and businesses within the City.
View a list of items your contractor needs to submit in order for your plan to become approved.
Find inspection information for apartments and businesses in Seaside.
A Knox Box is a rapid-entry system designed to provide secure emergency access to a home or property to those living alone or with a history of medical problems.
If you wish to use a tent 200 square feet or larger you will need a permit.