The City would like to bring back a Farmer’s Market. Having a Farmer’s Market in the City of Seaside is a key component for the City to achieve Blue Zones Project Certification and providing affordable, accessible and fresh fruits & vegetables for the community while also having a variety of multi-cultural vendors that reflect the City’s diversity. The City is seeking qualified persons/organizations to operate and manage a certified Farmer’s Market at one of the following locations: On Broadway Ave in the West Broadway Urban Village, On the Lawn at City Hall/City Hall Parking Lot, or in the Parking Lot of the Oldemeyer Center. The City envisions a market partner that encourages strong community engagement and involvement, a focus on community building and health outcomes, reflects the diversity of our City, provides a fun and festive atmosphere, and offers strong support for local agriculture.
The primary objectives of the certified farmers’ market are to:
- Create a festive community event and social gathering place
- Offer community members an opportunity to purchase locally grown produce and artisan goods
- Provide farmers an opportunity to sell their products locally
- Provide local businesses, nonprofits, artisans, and musicians an opportunity to participate
- Highlight the unique and diverse character of Seaside
- Provide locally sourced and culturally relevant products that will appeal to a broad range of residents and visitors