Seaside, CA


How do I file a report?

If it is an emergency dial 911. If you are at our Police Station we will have an officer come in to take your report. We will need to know some very basic things: briefly what happened, where it happened (the address, if possible) and when it happened. Or you can call Dispatch Center and the officer will come to you. Their phone number is 831-394-6811. Keep in mind that you will not be speaking with an officer when you call dispatch. The dispatchers are Monterey County employees located in Salinas so they will have very little information they can share with you.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

Contact us in person or call (831)899-6748. We will release the report as California code allows. It takes 7 to 10 days to process each request. You will need to have a current driver's license or ID card with your picture to verify your identity. For accident reports you can go to to obtain a copy of your report for a fee.

What are the fees for police reports?

There is no fee for a crime report. There is a fee for traffic collision reports. You can obtain a traffic collision report at the Police Department or by going to: To see the fees for accident reports go to the 

CIty Fee Schedule.

How do I obtain a copy of a collision report?

You can pick up a copy at the Police Department or online at You should call in advance to make sure the report is ready. There is a fee to obtain a collision report. Refer to the City's fee schedule for current fees.

Current Fee Schedule

How do I get a towed vehicle released?

You will need a vehicle release to get your car out of the storage yard. You will have to show us your valid driver license and the vehicle's current registration. There is a fee for vehicle releases, which varies depending on the reason for towing. If your vehicle was stolen there is no fee. Current fees can be found on the City's Fee Schedule. If your vehicle was towed because the driver was unlicensed or suspended, then the vehicle stays in storage for 30 days at your expense (Vehicle Code section 14602.6). You can appeal the 30 day impound by submitting a written request to: Seaside Police Department Attention: Deputy Chief Louis Lumpkin 440 Harcourt Avenue Seaside, CA 93955

Fee Schedule

What is the fee for a fix it ticket sign off?

We can sign it off if the violation is correctable, but there is a fee. Current fees can be found on the City's

Fee Schedule.

I have lost my traffic ticket. What do I do now?

Contact the Superior Court of Monterey County, Marina Division at 831-883-5300 if you have lost your traffic ticket.

Where can I pay my parking ticket?

You can pay your parking ticket directly to: City of Seaside Parking Enforcement Center PO Box 5010 San Ramon, CA 94583 Or call them at 1-866-534-4607

Do I need a license for my bicycle?

You do not need a license for your bicycle.

How do I check for sex offenders in my area?

Visit the Megan's Law website to view information about sex registrants.

Megan's Law Website

How do I obtain a clearance letter for immigration?

Visit the Department of Justice website to search for VISA/IMMIGRATION information and follow their instructions.

Fee Schedule.

How do I check for crime in my neighborhood?

The City's utilizes a website that logs all of the crime statistics in Seaside. Go to: