Illegal Fireworks Enforcement
THE CITY OF SEASIDE HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ILLEGAL FIREWORKS
The Seaside Police Department, in partnership with the Seaside Fire Department, has formulated an operations plan for illegal firework suppression beginning in May and continuing through July of 2018. The operation will focus on public education, and the safety of citizens, visitors, and property from use of illegal fireworks.
Violations will be enforced.
Countdown Begins for Illegal Fireworks Enforcement
With just a few months away from July 4 Independence Day celebrations, both the Seaside Police and Fire Departments are again strongly urging the public to follow the "No Illegal Fireworks, $2,500 Fine" policy in force.
This year the City has adopted a Zero Tolerance Policy for illegal Fireworks and will be strictly enforcing it.
- Fines for violations have increased to $2,500
- Extra officers will be on duty and enforcement will be extreem.
- There will be specific illegal firework patrol details and several officers will be in unmarked cars.
- Anonymous tip lines have been set up to report illegal fireworks position and use. Photos can also be uploaded by reporting parties.
- The Seaside Fire Department will deploy drones to monitor places open to the public for fire safety hazards and gather data which is expected to result in video evidence of illegal firework possession and use. These drones will be used for enforcement.
Keeping illegal fireworks out of the city doesn't mean taking the fun out of the Fourth of July-it's adding safety. Violators to the City's Municipal Code on illegal fireworks can receive a $2,500 citation for possessing illegal fireworks, or even misusing or tampering with legal ones.
WARNING: Tickets will be issued ANYTIME someone is caught using illegal fireworks, not just on July 4th.
Seaside police officers and firefighters will be looking out for illegal fireworks during the July 4th holiday. The patrols will focus on high-activity illegal fireworks areas but will be present throughout the City.
Safe and Sane firework sales take place from July 1 through July 4. Hours are: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., July 1 through 3; and 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on July 4.
Only fireworks certified as “safe and sane” by the State Fire Marshal’s Office are allowed for sale and use in approved areas. By California State law, “safe and sane” fireworks may only be sold from a free standing fireworks booth.
For more information, please call the Seaside Police Department Non-Emergency line at 831-899-6748.
|WHEN USING “SAFE AND SANE” FIREWORKS, ALWAYS FOLLOW THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY TIPS:|