Transient Occupancy Tax

Hotel & Motel Taxes

Any person renting a hotel / motel room in the City of Seaside must pay a 12% Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) on the total amount paid for the room. The tax is paid directly to the hotel / motel (operator) and the operator will remit to the City.

Registration of Hotels / Motels

Within thirty (30) days after commencing business, each operator of any hotel renting occupancy to transients shall register the hotel with the City and obtain a Transient Occupancy Registration Certificate to be displayed at all times in a conspicuous place on the premises. To register, apply in person at the Finance Department counter, located at 440 Harcourt Avenue. For additional information, please call 831-899-6715.