Filing a Claim for Damages

Claim Form

If you believe that the City of Seaside or its employee(s) caused damage to your person, personal property or real property, you may complete and file a Claim for Damages with the Clerk's Office during normal business hours. Please follow the instructions on the claim form and attach any documentation that you feel may support your claim (e.g. photographs, reports, witness statements or estimates).

Please complete the form in its entirety; claims may be denied or returned if insufficient information is provided. Download and fill out a Claim for Damages Form (PDF). You can either mail or personally deliver all completed forms to:

Seaside City Clerk
440 Harcourt Avenue
Seaside CA 93955

Contact Us

If you have questions regarding the filing process, or would like a claim form mailed to you, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 831-899-6707.

Please Note: The City does not provide legal advice and it is highly recommended that you seek legal advice from private counsel.